Here is the procedure on how to manually install stock Rom/Firmware on Galaxy Y GT-S5360.I also tested this on my Galaxy y.Flashing stock ROMs is useful in downgrading or upgrading to any available firmware versions you desired.
This has been also useful for unbricking purposes for a bricked device, reverting back to original stock or if you needed your device warranty back.
This Guide is a bit risky for beginners and can only be used by advance users who already had an experience on how to tweak android devices firmware.
1.Needed Tools in Flashing
- Download Your Country’s Stock ROM/Firmware Package From Here.
- Install Kies.
- Download Odin v1.84 From Here and Install it.
2.Preparation Before Flashing
- Backup All Your Important Things.(Like Messages,Contacts etc.)
- Ensure that Phone is fully Charge Or Above 80% Charge.(If your phone had an auto-shutdown history, and its too old, use a newer or good working battery.)
- Remove the SIM card and the external memory card. (not necessarily but recommended to avoid any certain issues)
- We often do hard reset before flashing to clean the memory cache of the phone. Master reset code *2767*3855# .
- Turn Off Your Phone Then Start it in Download mode.(For Download Mode-Press Volume down Key + Menu Key + Power Button simultaneously. when it shows warning click volume up Button to continue)
- Then Open Odin In your PC.Load the firmware in the designated button spaces.You need only this 3 file.No PIT and BOOT file Required.Leave all other check box to default.
- PDA – “PDA_S5360XXXXX.tar.md5 ” file.(also .tar support)
- PHONE – “MODEM_S6102XXXXX.tar.md5″ file. (also .tar support)
- CSC – “CSC_S5360_ODDLA2.tar.md5″ file. (also .tar support)
- Then Connect the USB Cord to the Pc and Phone.
- Odin will automatically recognize it if it’s properly connected, the ID:COM mapping will highlight to color yellow and says “added” on the log box.
- Start Flashing.Hit “Start” Button To Flashing.
Caution : Avoid touching the phone while the flashing already started, any interruption will result into serious issues like soft-brick or hard-brick.
Wait 4-5 Minutes Hardly Until the Word “PASS” Appear it means that the Flashing is Successful.
You android Will Reboot automatically.Please Keep Patient on first boot.This may be longer than usual but hardly take 3-4 Minutes.
So this is the tutorial for flashing stock rom on galaxy y, if you face any difficulties please let me know in comments we will help you as soon as possible.